Verizon Wireless let us know the Blackberry Curve 9310 is available from Verizon Wireless as of July 12th.
Verizon Wireless and Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced the BlackBerry® Curve™9310 smartphone, a stylish new smartphone for socially-connected customers.
The BlackBerry Curve 9310 is a slim and easy-to-use smartphone ready to help customers make the move from a basic phone to a smartphone. It includes all the core BlackBerry messaging and social-centric applications that let customers easily connect to the people and things that matter most to them. Running on BlackBerry 7.1, the Curve 9310 also features the iconic BlackBerry keyboard for quick and easy typing and a dedicated BBM™ key for instant access to RIM’s popular mobile social network.
Facebook® and Twitter™ apps allow customers to easily interact with their social network in real time, and, with the new Social Feeds 2.0 app, they can post updates to multiple social networks simultaneously and capture updates from news sources (RSS feeds), social apps and instant messaging apps, all in one consolidated view.
· 3.2-megapixel camera – easily share pictures and video with friends through text, BBM, Facebook and Twitter
· VZ Navigator® capabilities for customers to receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share directions withothers
· On-device Parental Controls – customers can grant as little or as much access to the Internet, social networking and messaging as they see appropriate. Create a select list of contacts for both incoming and outgoing calls
· microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB
Pricing and availability
· The new BlackBerry Curve 9310 smartphone will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com starting July 12 and will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks for $49.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
· New customers who purchase the BlackBerry Curve 9310 will need to subscribe to a Share Everything plan starting at $80 monthly access for unlimited talk and text messaging and 300 MB of data. Customers can visit www.verizonwireless.com/shareeverything for additional information on data plans.